Thursday, December 10, 2009

Should I splurge and buy concert tickets?

The concert: Counting Crows and Goo Goo Dolls. I love the Goo Goo Dolls, but am not especially fond of Counting Crows. Good tickets are $67.50 not counting tax, convenience charges, etc. I would need to buy at least one extra ticket so I wouldn't have to go alone. I want to go... but it doesn't seem worth it. Would you buy the tickets?



Should I splurge and buy concert tickets?performing shows



ur choise!!



and uhhh...



Should I splurge and buy concert tickets?say yes opera theateryes next time go to www.getseatsonline.com Report It


NO IF YOU HAVE TO ASK NO
i would, you only live once. if you really like the band.
go for it, satisfaction is better than hunger
I'm gonna say yes. I've seen Counting Crows when they were touring with John Mayer, I wasn't a big fan either, but they were great live! But I saw it for free.



It's funny- I'm seeing this concert too. For free again though, because I work at the concert venue in Concord, CA that they're coming to. So I've actually been paid to see concerts- but the V.I.P.'s I work for there pay up to 10,000 bucks for season tickets!



There's nothing like live music.



Go for it! And if not, I'll let you know how it was. =)
giver you should never turn down an oppertunity to see a band you like. you don't know when they will tour again
I would go for it. I'm in the same position as you - I like the Goo Goo Dolls but not the Counting Crows (I don't really dislike them, I just don't know their music at all) - and I'm going to one of those shows. I've seen the Goo Goo Dolls several times and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the concert even if the Counting Crows suck.



If you want to go I think it's worth the money. It might seem like a lot now, but if you go and have a great time, you will be glad you spent it.
I'd only go if they promised to play The Macarena!



Hate to admit it, but I once paid $100 to see Cher. Everyone there was twice my age, but it was a laugh to see all those costume/wig changes. Wouldn't do it again.
"...need to buy at least one extra ticket so I wouldn't have to go alone"



I don't remember you inviting me!



Find someone who wants to go with you (besides me, that is), THEN splurge...definitely. You deserve it.
Same thing happened to me. I went for it and bought the tickets anyway. If you love Goo it will be worth it.
Eh. I say leave it. Neither group has produced anything outstanding in the past five years (and I'm a big fan of both), so you're more than likely looking at a re-hashing of 7year-old music. Not that that is bad, just not what I want out of a googoo/crows concert. Plus, their songs tend to be relaxed tunes and best heard in an acoustic studio arrangement; not exactly the concert automosphere you'll probably be expecting. I guess it really depends. Is it an arena show or a studio performance? That would be a dealbreaker for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd