Thursday, December 10, 2009

Help... The names on my airplane tickets are misspelled!?

Hello. I booked 3 flights to Hong Kong back in March, using my British Airways miles. We booked through BA because of a special promotion that allowed us to get 3 tickets for the price of one on Cathay Pacific. I quickly called BA, booked the tickets. During the booking process, the service agent had a thick accent, and I had a slight accent myself as well. To my horror, when I checked the tickets online, the names were mispelt. The "B" in my name was a "P", my mom's name's "X" was turned into a "S" and my dad's name was in the wrong order. I quickly called them back, they said it would be changed, in 3 weeks time. I repeated called them in 4 weeks intervals, and, well, as of now, it's still not changed, and my flight leaves in 5 days! The last service agent I talked to said the mistakes was noted on their computer, and when would go check in, the boarding passes would be printed with the right name? But she didn't sound very sure, can anyone offer some advice?



Help... The names on my airplane tickets are misspelled!?passions soap opera



Nothing to worry about as long as it's fairly obvious it's your names. Usually if the error is small, the staff at the gate will not trouble you over it- they have a certain amount of discretion. Take with you the contact information of the BA person just in case, so that they can confirm your identity if needed. Enjoy your trip!



Help... The names on my airplane tickets are misspelled!?mr messed up opera theaterI've worried about the very same thing in the past- my last name is long and usually gets misspelled. Glad to help! Report It


if there is a problem just go to the ticket counter and they can change it up for you. same thing happened to me while i was going to atlanta
when i worked for an airline if you could tell it was a miss speelling we would let it go. Now if your name is Bob and the name on the ticket is Scott then no. you should be ok
When we flew to Mexico, they had my friend's first %26amp; middle names reversed. It was no big deal. If it's an obvious mis-spelling you'll probably be fine. And they may have fixed it in the computer, so it will all be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd